What does a Fashion Designer do?
Basis the art, culture, consumer taste, ensuing trends, and the social fabric, a fashion Designer conceives, ideates designs creates, and executes trending apparel or accessories or footwear. He also needs to select the ideal fabric, material, color, pattern, and texture and get the prototypes of the designs ready and then needs to get final design approval by the client before overseeing the final production of his collection.
Types of Fashion Design
- Haute Couture Fashion: First in the fashion design hierarchy, Haute Couture Fashion involves conceptualization, designing, and sewing of customized clothing and accessories for private clients using the finest materials and expensive notions. These made-to-order garments are individual works of art requiring extreme attention to detail and countless man-hours since they are usually made by hand.
- Luxury Fashion: Luxury Fashion is next in hierarchy and is high-quality exclusive clothing. This is neither hand–made nor made in large quantities, thus giving its consumer a sense of being exclusive and elite. In addition to its limited availability, the nuanced designs, use of expensive high-quality materials and high price makes it more desirable.
- Ready-to-Wear Fashion: This is easily accessible to the public since it is mass-produced in standard sizes. The focus here is to produce attractive garments and sell them in large numbers. Since such clothes are available at ordinary shops on the main street (or high street) in town, Ready-to-wear fashion is also called High street fashion.
- Fast Fashion: Consumers who do not want to splurge but still want to look trendy, choose fast fashion since this involves fashion designs that are not only inspired by fashion shows but also are mass-produced.
- Economy Fashion: Using the cheapest materials, labor, and mass production, the Economy fashion garments are not only low in quality standards with a shorter life span but are also available at cheap prices.
The colleges not only provide comprehensive knowledge about various types of fashion designing but also offer competencies in multi-disciplines besides apparels such as accessory design or footwear design etc.
Fashion Designing Colleges
Many Fashion Design colleges are offering courses at both undergraduate and post-graduate levels. In order to select the ideal course following points need to kept in mind:
Accreditation & Recognition: Accreditation to academic councils and other prestigious industry bodies endorse the high quality that the college offers. A certification that recognize at both International, as well as international levels, must be one of the main criteria in choosing the right college.
Curriculum: The curriculum of fashion Designing Colleges of India must groom students in theoretical aspects, conceptual understanding, practical training, skill development, and ways to interface with the industry. The syllabus must not only aligned as per the latest trends but should also industry-relevant. In addition, the college must have a well-equipped studio for the students to hone their skills as well as gain as much practical training as possible.
Global Exposure: Fashion designing students with global ambitions will like to gain global exposure by not only participating in global events and global competitions but also through internships, student exchange programs & interaction with global experts, etc. The chosen college must not only have a curriculum catering to global requirements but also should have industry links with overseas partners like global fashion designing colleges, fashion houses, designers and manufacturers, etc.
So don’t wait up since the flourishing Fashion Design industry offers huge potential and hence makes for an intelligent decision to just jump on board and register for Fashion Designing course.
Tips for Choosing a Pet Bed for Your Dog
Dog beds provide several advantages to your dog’s health, cleanliness, and mood, in addition to just providing them with a…
How Buy Bitcoin at No or Low Fee?
Nowadays, buying Bitcoin is very simple. There are plenty of crypto exchange platforms that allow users to sell, buy, and…